Monday, August 17, 2009

Strictly Ballroom


Last Saturday, went to watch a ballroom dancing concert. My uncle gave the tickets free to my sis and me. My cousins are dancing in the concert. It was really warm inside the hall. The kids were running around and the mc is searching for a kid named Joshua.

The evening start with group dancing - Waltz, Samba, Cha-cha, Rumba, Paso Doble, Jive, Quick step, Fox trot and Tango. It was really nice watching them dance gracefully, and fully aware of their body movement. I wish I can dance like them ( I know I can dance like a robot) . My personal favourites are the Quick step and Paso Doble.

The principal of the dancing academy gave a short speech about ballroom dancing and he is trying to enlighten matters regarding to ballroom dancing.

First, he said ballroom dancing is not only for the older people but it is also for the younger generation(agree2).

Second, the costume. The costumes are quite revealing and it requires total confidence wearing em'. Well, look at it this way. Sports such as swimming and gymnastics also require revealing costumes. And he added that ballroom dancing is a sport and they have been trying to put dancesport into the olympics as it is quite rigorous and physical. The costumes are designed in such a way so that every subtle body movement can be seen .

Then, he gave a demo on how ballroom dancing lessons are conducted. It was a real eye opener for everyone. I want to learn how to dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment